KAY-DEE RECORDS, the online store and label owned and operated by Kenny Dope, takes things to the next level with the debut of its “Book Series.”
Kenny’s vision for Kay-Dee’s first book was to create a premium set with a mix of well-known and never-before-seen “Wild Style” photos, in addition to liner notes detailing the stories behind the music of one of his favorite films.
The ‘Wild Style Breakbeats’ book features the following elements:
• 13 songs total, spread out over seven “big hole” 45s (each with a different label color)
• Re-EQed audio with re-edited / extended audio versions of each song, modified from original source tapes
• Extensive liner notes in a 28-page book, including dozens of images – from “Wild Style” director Charlie Ahearn, among other sources – as well as interviews with Fab 5 Freddy, Chris Stein and GrandWizzard Theodore
• The 14th side (the B-side of the seventh 45) features unique etchings with different “Wild Style” graphics
• Unique “Kay-Dee Casebook” packaging – all seven 7-inches fit into a book as self-contained pages
Available now both in-store and online at PackerShoes.com.