With Aug. 1st, 2015 serving as the 20th Anniversary of the debut release of Raekwon’s classic “Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…” solo album, this coming Thursday – on the 20th day of August at S.O.B.’s between the hours of 11am to 6pm, we invite everyone to join us for the global, exclusive release of the Packer x Raekwon “Purple Tape” Capsule Collection, featuring a special personal appearance from none other than Raekwon, himself.
Launching on the last stop on this years’ “Only Built 4 Cuban Linx…” Anniversary tour, the Packer x Raekwon “Purple Tape” Capsule Collection is designed and curated to offer interchangeable styling options that represent the cross-pollination of hip-hop into fashion and heritage footwear. Housed within the collection are the celebratory Diadora N.9000 “Purple Tape” edition , 2 “1995” NY Yankees New Era 59Fifty fitted baseball caps, 1 t-shirt, and 1 Made in Italy track jacket.
In partnership with S.O.B.’s, the first 95 customers in line (who are 21 and over) to purchase the “Purple Tape” Diadora N.9000 will receive free tickets to Raekwon’s “Purple Tape” 20th Anniversary show later that evening. Doors open at 9pm Thursday – August 20th. Individual tickets to still be purchased HERE. MUST BE 21 and older to attend the show, no exceptions.
Starting off the collection is the Packer x Raekwon x Diadora “1995” Advisory SS Tee. This black basic logo t-shirt features a tri-branded logo hit on the chest with a purple “1995” top centered on the back. Retail price is set at $30 USD.
Rounding out the collection are two Packer x New Era “1995” NY Yankees Custom 59Fifty Fitted Baseball Caps. Offered in both purple wool with reverse black “1995” embroidery and black wool with reverse purple “1995” embroidery, each hat comes with complimentary silver Packer/Raekwon/Diadora co-branded “Advisory” pins. Limited to only 95 hats per color, retail price for both of these S.O.B.’s exclusives is set at $50 USD each.
The pinnacle piece of the collection – the limited edition Made in Italy Packer x Raekwon x Diadora N.9000 “Purple Tape” – comes specially packaged. Housed in a black co-branded shoe box with standard-release issued purple wrapping paper and 3 additional shoelaces. Retail price is set at $200 USD. Available size run is men’s US size 5 – 12, 13 & 13.5. Please be advised that this shoe runs exactly one half size big. It is strongly recommended that all customers purchase a half size smaller from their standard running shoe size (i.e. – if you wear a US size 9 in most running sneakers, you should buy a US size 8.5 in the “Purple Tape” Diadora N.9000, etc…).
Accompanying the N.9000 is the Made in Italy Packer x Diadora “’95 Vintage” 20th Anniversary Track Jacket. The jacket is a stitch-for-stitch re-issue of the original jacket which released in 1995 (the same year as OB4CL’s debut release). This Made in Italy luxury garment comes features a black and helium purple heavy nylon construction to compliment the “Purple Tape” color palette. Additional features include metallic silver and black “Diadora” branded piping along both arms with embroidered “1995” and Packer/Raekwon/Diadora co-branded “Advisory” tag bottom centered on each sleeve. Cut true to size, retail pricing for this S.O.B.’s exclusive piece is set at $160 USD.
Please read below clearly for release details…
8.20.15 US Exclusive Launch @ S.O.B.’s Release Details:
- The Packer x Raekwon “Purple Tape” Capsule Collection is a US exclusive release launching Thursday – 8.20.15 from 11am to 6pm only at S.O.B.’s NYC located at 204 Varick Street – New York, NY 10014.
- Customers will be serviced on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis, monitored by staff and security.
- Purchase of the Packer x Raekwon x Diadora N.9000 “Purple Tape” will be limited to one (1) pair per PAYING customer. Retail is set at $200 plus NY sales tax.
- Purchase of Packer x New Era “1995” NY Yankees Custom 59Fifty Fitted Baseball Cap will be limited to only one (1) color per PAYING customer (i.e. – you can only buy one color out of the two hats, NOT BOTH). Retail is set at $50.
- A government, State or School issued identification (ID) will be required for all customers.
Anyone without proper ID will not be allowed inside of S.O.B.’s during release.
- Only purchasing customers will be allowed inside of S.O.B.’s during the launch.
- All items sold are deemed “special launch product” thus ALL SALES ARE FINAL. No returns, exchanges, refunds or store credit will be allowed under any circumstance.