- The Packer x Reebok Question Mid “Curtain Call” is a US exclusive release launching Friday, September 16th, from 12 noon to 7pm only at the Reebok store in Union Square located at 1 Union Square W, New York, NY 10003.
- Product will be sold on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED basis, monitored by staff and security.
- Purchase of the Packer x Reebok Question Mid “Curtain Call” will be limited to one (1) pair per PAYING customer. Retail is set at $175 plus NY sales tax.
- Purchase of the additional Reebok, Packer and Mitchell & Ness apparel will be limited to one (1) of each item per PAYING customer.
- Only purchasing customers will be allowed inside of the Reebok store during the launch.
- All items sold are deemed “special launch product” thus ALL SALES ARE FINAL. No returns, exchanges, refunds or store credit will be allowed under any circumstance.
- Any stock left over after the NYC in-store launch will be available 10am EST Saturday, September 17th, online at PackerShoes.com.
This past Friday, the Basketball Hall of Fame welcomed in one of the most beloved players in the long and storied history of the game. What Allen Iverson brought to the hardwood for an entire career was unlike anything that has come before or after him.
Despite being small in stature by NBA standards, his fearless approach to the game and ability to succeed against any odds made him a heroic figure from day 1. But for many of us, it was his unwavering resolve to remain true to himself and what he represented that made him an easily embraceable new breed of superstar that helped to completely redefine what a pro athlete was expected to be in the post-Jordan era.
Allen’s refusal to be molded into the kind of star that the NBA wanted him to be is what made us love him. While his personal style and attitude brought all kinds of uneasiness to the previously buttoned-up world of David Stern and the league’s corporate sponsors, there was an undeniable sincerity and authenticity in everything Iverson did that made him easy to respect and fun to root for.
Here at Packer, we’ve been fortunate enough to work with AI and his iconic Reebok Question Mid a number of times over the years, and in each and every instance, we were floored by the unbridled passion people have for Allen and his first signature shoe. With our “Curtain Call” edition, we set out to create a special version that pays tribute to one of the most transcendent careers in sports history.
The shoe is an homage to Allen, his life in basketball and the lasting legacy of his impact on the sneaker world. Nods to the red and blue suede from the two original Question colorways can be found on the toe and ankle with a premium black pebbled Horween basketball leather upper referencing the game that AI has brought so much flavor to over the years.
Additional luxe touches come by way of full grain leather lace loops, accents and inner linings, as well as metal lace tips. The shoe also features the classic blue ice sole from the OG Questions, alternating Question and Vector logos on the lateral and medial sides, reflective 3M side panels, and the letters “A” and “I” replacing the standard number 3 graphics that have been historically found on the heels. The design is completed by tonal Packer branding on the tongue and tattoo-inspired “Bubba Chuck” graphics on the insoles as a call-out to Allen’s childhood nickname.
The “Curtain Call” Question Mids ($175) are limited to 500 pairs worldwide and will be available exclusively at a special release event this Friday, September 16th, when Packer and Iverson photography guru, Gary Land, will be taking over Reebok’s Union Square store in NYC. Allen, himself, will be in attendance to celebrate the release and meet with fans. Stay tuned for more info still to come…
World renowned NYC artist Stash serves up another premium collaborative effort with Reebok Classics this time using Allen Iverson’s signature Question Mid as his canvas.
Decked out in a mix of premium leathers and suedes on the upper using his now tried and true grey/navy/royal blue “Stash” color combination.
Look for this limited edition release to launch in-store only next Friday (June 27th) at 12pm noon at Packer Shoes.
Customers who are interested in this release, please email email@example.com to secure your pair.
Retail is set at $140 USD, available in mens sizes 6.5 thru 15.